Practice Play – Level 4 prepares the coach to work at an advanced level and bridges the gap between small sided games and the 11 aside game. This course builds on the skills and tactical awareness acquired in the previous levels and introduces realistic and competitive game situations.
What will the course cover?
- Maximising and exploiting space when in possession
- Team mobility and rotation
- Defensive organisation in all areas
- Individual defensive responsibilities throughout the team
- Creating and utilising overloads
- When to play long and when to play short
- Cleverly creating finishing opportunities
- Developing high percentage finishing
- Maximising set play organisation and effectiveness – for and against.
The coach will also be introduced to the following topics:
- Planning a club coaching program
- Building the team – developing a player matrix
- Preparing players for senior football
- Competitive preparation.